It’s a common thing to worry about going to the dentist, however, a dental visit is not as horrible as you think!
We need to remember that the goal of the appointment is to keep your oral health in check, so that you live an overall happier and healthier life.
Here are some common worries you may have:
- It’s going to hurt
- Bad experience in the past
- Loss of control
How to overcome these worries:
- Recognise your fears
- Find the right dentist
- Communicate your concerns to the dentist
- Determine ways to gradually reduce your worries with the dentist
- Bring a companion during the appointment
- Practice relaxation techniques
- Use distractions
- Reward yourself
Tips and tricks for your appointment to ease your worries:
- Focus on breathing regularly and slowly during the dental procedures
- Listen to some music in your earphones if the drilling sound bothers you
- Agree with the dentist on some hand signals that you can use if you feel uncomfortable
- Choose a low stress appointment time when they are less busy
- Chat with the reception staff about the proceedings of the appointment before attending
Dental treatments are much more advanced now as compared to a few years ago. In fact, there are many ways to ensure as minimal pain as possible. The My Medical and Dental Dentists recognise that people have apprehensions, so they continue to strive to provide a comfortable and reassuring atmosphere for all patients.
To book in for a dental service, call us today!