You may think you don’t have time for breakfast but the truth is, you can’t afford to skip it!
Here’s some quick and easy breakfast options that will give you enough energy to get through the morning:
- Protein shake
- Fruit and yogurt
- Avo toast
- Overnight oats
- Coffee cup egg scramble
Benefits of breakfast:
- Improves your energy levels.
- Improves metabolism.
- Provides many beneficial nutrients, and boosts your fibre and calcium intake (compared to no breakfast).
- Reduces you chance of over-consuming high kilojoule foods later in the day.
- Stabilises your blood sugar levels.
- Improves memory and concentration.
Creating an on-the-go breakfast routine:
- Set your alarm for 10 minutes earlier to fit in breakfast at home.
- Take public transport? Take a portable breakfast option to eat on the way to work.
- Make some ’ easy to grab’ breakfasts on the weekend, such as savoury muffins or zucchini slice.
- If it’s allowed, keep some breakfast options at work to enjoy once you arrive.
For a general health check, call us today!
2 minute scrambled eggs on the go:
Love the idea of eggs for breakfast, but hate the time commitment (and dirty dishes) they require? Cook your eggs in the microwave, instead. Coffee cup eggs only require one dish: a microwave safe coffee cup spritzed with a bit of non-stick spray. You can crack your eggs directly into the cup, give them a little stir, and they will cook up light and fluffy in under two minutes. You can change up the flavor of your eggs by adding different ingredients such as spinach and tomatoes, ham and cheese, or even leftovers from last night’s dinner.
Healthy Breakfast options:
- Wholegrain toast with a thin scrape of peanut butter, or avocado and spinach or reduced fat ricotta.
- Porridge with fresh fruit.
- Fresh fruit and yoghurt.
- Wholegrain cereals with reduced fat milk.
- Wholemeal fruit toast with thin scrap of cream cheese.
- Fruit or vegetable smoothies.
- Boiled eggs with wholegrain toast.
- Untoasted muesli.