Sweet potatoes are super healthy, with lots of vitamin A and vitamin C and fibre. So adding them to your recipe means you’re getting brownies with health benefits- what could be better! The sweet potato acts as a binder, holding the final product together and also assuring that it is moist and chewy. Checkout the recipe…
- 115 grams peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup almond meal
- 7 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 10 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 6 tbsp honey
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
Brownie top drizzle:
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp coconut oil
- Place the sweet potato in a microwave safe dish with 2 tablespoons of water and cover with a lid. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- If you don’t want to use a microwave oven, you can bake sweet potato in an oven.
- Puree the sweet potato using an immersion blender or food processor and let it cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius. Line an 8×8 baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with honey.
- Add the coconut oil and mix.
- Add the sweet potato puree and mix to combine.
- Add the almond meal and mix to combine.
- Add the cacao powder and mix well.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Do not overcook brownies. They should be slightly springy on the outside but still gooey in the middle.
- Leave the brownies to cool in the pan then remove from the baking paper and cut into 16 pieces.
- For the drizzle, combine the coconut oil, cacao powder and honey. Drizzle the mixture over the brownies and serve!